HR Jobs in MA and Other Top Career Opportunities
SAMPLING OF CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Title: LOGISTICS MANAGER- MANUFACTURING
Our client company
Our client company is a successful, progressive manufacturing operation with an online presence/ sales component and is located in Westborough area in MA with under 50 employees. Founded over 30 years ago they have experienced consistent growth and continue to do so. The Logistics Manager is a full time regular exempt role in this dynamic organization. They seek a Logistics Manager who has worked in a small manufacturing environment.
The work environment is one of integrity, collaboration, honesty, change and growth where employees are valued. This goes hand in hand with a friendly, fluid, productive team environment where good work ethics and results thrive and also where a work-life balance is valued.
This is a small business that seeks a key Logistics Manager in a high impact role at their company. The Logistics Manager will have the opportunity to put their imprint into the role where best practices, transparency and solid contributions are valued.
The company is all about customer service both internally and externally and this role embraces their culture. As the company grows to the next level, the Logistics Manager will be a key factor in supporting that growth with their ability to keep the inventory, shipping, purchasing of raw materials in alignment with growing sales requirements.
For someone with a minimum of 3 years of experience as a Logistics Manager with supervisory expertise, this role has 3-4 direct reports and is a wonderful opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing small company in a role of high impact and visibility where success is rewarded. If you thrive in an environment where taking pride in what you do and thrive in taking responsibility for your role, this might be for you.
If you seek a career opportunity where you are a serious contributor, an engaging leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and where you enjoy working for a quality organization driven by customer service, great products and teamwork, this opportunity is available immediately.
Competitive salary, 401k, vacation time and 9 paid holidays round out this career opportunity.
If you want to work for an organization where you will be able to have your hand in impacting the logistics landscape and be rewarded for results please read these details below:
The logistics manager oversees the movement, distribution and storage of materials. Someone who is reliable, has high energy, excellent analytical skills, great communication skills, and is excited to be a part of a growing company is needed.
As the logistics manager, the goal should be to manage the entire order cycle so as to enhance business development, quality, vendor relations, and throughput.
REPORTS TO: Manager of Manufacturing Operations
Logistics Manager Overview
- Strategically plan and manage logistics, warehouse, transportation and customer services
- Direct, optimize and coordinate full order cycle to ensure on-time delivery and our quality standards are met
- Analyze ERP data to maintain adequate stock levels according to trends and seasonality
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, vendors, and consumers
- Keep track of quality, quantity, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency
- Arrange warehouse, catalog goods, plan routes and process shipments
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints
- Supervise, coach and train warehouse workforce
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy and timeliness targets
- Maintain metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements
- Comply with laws, regulations, DOT and ISO requirements
- Purchase of raw materials
- Tracking and reporting of all date and quarterly forecasting
- Grow and develop their team
- Other responsibilities as needed from time to time.
- Minimum 3-5 years of proven working experience as a logistics manager including supervisory experience in a small manufacturing organization
- Demonstrable ability to engage, lead and grow a team
- Proficient in standard logistics software
- Expertise in tracking, reporting and forecasting needed
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects
- BS in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain
- MS Office competence
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills needed
Lean Manufacturing or Six Sigma experience
This is an immediate opportunity. For more information for you, please submit your resume and contact Kathy Barron, Executive Recruiter with over 20 years’ experience in helping, manufacturing, sales, marketing, human resources, information technology professionals, managers and Execs transition into solid opportunities to move their careers forward. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Also, if you know someone who would want to know about this opportunity please feel to forward this opportunity, so I can chat with them to see how this matches up with their career direction(s).