HR Jobs in MA and Other Top Career Opportunities
SAMPLING OF CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES
Title: Human Resource Payroll Manager - Part Time
Our Client Company
Our client company is a successful, progressive, e-commerce company with a manufacturing operation and is located in Westborough area in MA. Established in 1987, they have under 50 employees and have experienced consistent growth and continue to do so. This is a role formerly performed by the Controller. The HR Payroll Manager is an exempt role with expected hours of 15-20 hours per week. Currently this role is a one person department and manages HR and Payroll.
This role reports to the president of the company.
The work environment is one of respect, integrity, collaboration, honesty, change and growth where employees are valued. This goes hand in hand with a friendly, fluid, productive team environment where good work ethics and results thrive and also where a work-life balance is valued.
This is a small business that seeks a key Manager in human resources in a visible role at their company. The Human Resource Payroll Manager will have the opportunity to formally establish the department in an environment where best practices, transparency and solid employee relations are valued.
The company is all about customer service both internally and externally and this role embraces their culture. As the company grows to the next level, the human resource function will be a key factor in supporting that growth with their ability to hire top talent to join the team.
This is an opportunity to establish and grow the human resource function in a successful company with a solid track record of over 30 years.
For someone with 5-7 years’ experience in human resource management and experience with an in-house payroll this is a wonderful opportunity to work in a dynamic and growing small company in a role of high impact and visibility where success is rewarded. If you thrive in an environment where taking pride in what you do and you have solid human resource management expertise and payroll administration, this might be for you.
If you seek a career opportunity where you are a serious contributor, an engaging leader with an entrepreneurial spirit and where you enjoy working for a quality organization driven by customer service, great products and teamwork, this opportunity is available immediately.
Competitive salary, 401k if 1,000 hours annually are attained, vacation time and 9 paid holidays round out this career opportunity.
If you want to work for an organization where you will be able to have your hand in creating the HR landscape and be rewarded for results please read these details below:
This newly created part time role will take over the reins of the human resource and payroll functions at the company formerly performed by the Controller. Being a one person department offers diversity of responsibilities for someone who knows and thrives in the Manager role. Responsible for an in-house bi-weekly payroll facilitated by QuickBooks. This is an opportunity to establish an HR department for a successful and growing small business.
Human Resource Overview
- Manage staffing process (both in house and out of house) from advertising position to on-boarding employee
- New hires – advertising, reviewing resumes, interview, job details, offer letter and all other forms filled out for completion, background checks, reporting to DET (new hire & setting up child support payments, if needed), reference checking, establishing new EE in ClockSpot, QB & health/dental/life insurance online account
- Temporary Staffing Agencies – researching new agencies, negotiating rates, reviewing resumes with hiring manager, contact person between agency & hiring manager (i.e. bringing on board or ending assignment, etc.), reviewing temporary employee time sheet and sending to agency, ensuring the bill is the correct bill rate
- Review and approve all staffing agency bills, provide an estimate to accounting for month end closings
- Manage annual review process, ensuring timely completion by managers
- Manage terminations, exit interviews and related paperwork
- Handles all requirements of Dept. of Unemployment and training (wage separation information, hearings as needed, HIRD reporting etc.)
- Maintain and update all job description in coordination with managers Compensation
- Maintain records on cost of each position/department to be used by Finance for budgeting needs Benefits
- Annual insurance reviews (health, dental, vision, life) with broker, make recommendations accordingly
- Annually prepare all work papers for annual worker’s compensation audit, review audit results from the insurance company insuring accurate billing
- By January’s end, oversee approval of vacation requests with managers ensuring departments are staffed properly prior to vacation request approvals -Develop employee incentive programs
- Coordinate Christmas Party and other outings Immigration
- I-9 maintenance and review Employee Relations
- Address, manage and document all employee complaints in compliance with Employee Handbook
- Address, manage and document all employee infractions with company policies as either witnessed or brought to attention by managers
- Discern and identify all issues requiring input from legal counsel Training
- Administer harassment, safety and other training as required
- Research and recommend various employee training/education as needed Health and Safety
- Ensure OSHA compliance Continuing Education
- Stay current on all aspects of employee related regulations promulgated by either the state or federal government.
- Attend seminars that legal counsel offers on employee related issues Other
- Analyze and review existing human resource policies for constant improvement
- Evaluates human resources processes and strategies to determine possible improvements and recommend accordingly.
- Develop employee incentive programs for job performance etc. in conjunction with manager
- Other responsibilities as needed from time to time.
- Ensure time keeping system accounts for all employee hours worked, vacation, sick, holiday, jury duty, bereavement, child support, mileage reimbursement, etc.
- Reconcile time keeping system to QuickBooks system
- Ensures accurate calculation of wages, tax withholding, 401k withholding, vision/dental withholding, and company deductions via use of QuickBooks Assisted Payroll and Clockspot (current time keeping software tool)
- Submit payroll to QuickBooks, email pay stubs or print checks to employees
- Audits and reviews all QuickBooks prepared state and federal required reporting Annually
- Audits and reviews all QuickBooks prepared state and federal required reporting, including but not limited to, 941,940, WR-1, W2’s, W3, and file all reports on server
- Prepare and submits 1099’s and 1096
- Post holidays and vacation to company-wide Google calendar
- Update POP forms
- Update rate for EMAC/UHI/WFT in QuickBooks
- Prepare all work papers for annual worker’s compensation audit, review audit results from the insurance company insuring accurate billing
- Post all worker comp. related employee information on company bulletin board
- Ensures proper governmental reporting and compliance
- Manages and secures all personnel files
- On employee anniversary dates, increase wage rate based on current pay scale
REPORTS TO President
No HR or PR staff to manage at this time.
- Bachelor Degree
- Five years related human resource management needed
- Payroll Administration for in-house payroll required -3-5 year’s supervisory experience is expected, but will not be needed in position at this time
- MS Office expertise
- Experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Solid interpersonal skills needed
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in writing and in person with all levels of the team from warehouse workers to the C level is needed.
This is an immediate opportunity. For more information for you, please submit your resume and contact Kathy Barron, Executive Recruiter with over 20 years’ experience in helping sales, marketing, human resources and Execs transition into solid opportunities to move their careers forward. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org . Also, if you know someone who would want to know about this opportunity please feel to forward this opportunity, so I can chat with them to see how this matches up with their career direction(s).